Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Parenting Tip #84 What to do with BORED kids this summer

I’m a collector of ideas. Don’t do most of them—but I like to collect them. So when my daughter texted me today with this message, “What should 3 bored children do right now?”, I texted her some ideas off the top of my head. Later on I found some fun ideas on the internet and thought I would share them with her, my daughter-in-laws and with YOU!

This blog has some really fun ideas. The frozen paint idea is shown here. All you do is freeze some tempera paint in popcycle molds, then let your children paint away.

I love this blog. Click here to see the fun idea on letting your children paint with a fly swatter.

Want your children to get some physical exercise this summer? Too hot to go outside? Have your children play on this balance board.  The mom decorated her child's balance board, but let your children decorate or paint their own (it takes up more time-hint, hint-and keeps them busy longer).

Letting your children be creative is sometimes messy, but oh, so important. This paper doll idea can help use up your scraps of fabric while letting your child’s creativity soar.

If all else fails, let your kids play in the dirt--that's a real winner anytime!

8 comments:

  1. Fun ideas! I'm your newest follower! Feel free to check out my brand new blog and follow it also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool ideas. Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Thanks for the ideas and links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...